- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Leak Detection
- Main Water Line
Drain and Sewer
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Maintenance Membership Plan
- Now Hiring
Main Water Line Services in Durham and the Triangle, NC Area
The water line is the pipe through which all of your water flows before it reaches your home. Whether you’re hooked up to the city water main or you get your water from another source, having a healthy water line is a very important part of maintaining a healthy plumbing system. That’s why One Call Plumbing provides main water line services of all kinds throughout Durham, NC.
Water lines are not invincible; they need professional services just as much as any other system. With us on your side, you never have to worry about the state of your water line. We offer full installation, repair, maintenance, and replacement services for water lines. Let us make sure that your water line serves you well for many years to come. Give us a call to schedule water line services in Durham, NC and the surrounding area.
When to Install a New Water Line
Sometimes the best thing you can do is to install a brand new water line for your home. Obviously, if you’re having a new home constructed, you’re going to need to have a new water line installed. There are times when it’s better to replace an old water line than to keep repairing it, though. For example, if:
- It’s Full of Tree Roots: Tree roots are a pretty big threat to water lines. They can bore into the pipe over time, then spread and grow until they almost completely block the flow of water. If yours has been badly damaged by tree root growth, it might be better to replace it.
- It’s Cracked or Broken: There are times when things like soil shifting can actually cause the main water line to crack or break. Depending on the severity of these issues, they might be able to be repaired. However, if the break is severe enough, it will probably be better in the long run just to have it replaced.
- It’s Corroded: Some water lines are made of copper or iron, rather than plastic. That means that those pipes are vulnerable to corrosion, just like the rest of the plumbing. If your main water line is badly corroded, there’s not much you can do to repair it. A plumber can fix leaks as they occur, but they’re only going to become more common as time goes on. In times like those, it’s better to replace the whole pipe.
Call Us for Plumbing Repair and Maintenance in Durham, NC
The good news is that you don’t have to replace your whole water line every time something goes wrong with it. We provide comprehensive main water line repair and maintenance services, to keep your water line in good shape for as many years as possible. In fact, the average water line can last decades without needing to be replaced if you take proper care of it.
You should schedule maintenance for your water line at least once a year, to make sure that any developing problems are caught and fixed as quickly as possible. If you need water line maintenance or repair services, we’re here to provide them for you. Contact us today to request an estimate with one of our expert technicians. One Call Plumbing: Blending technology with traditional values.